Thinking of starting your own business? The Small Business Clinic will be running a free business seminar at the Winchester School of Art Re:work Career Fair. Our guest speaker, a Chartered Accountant, will share his experience as an entrepreneur and talk about a wide range of topics such as ‘different types of business vehicles’, ‘important clauses to include in a shareholders agreement’, and ‘the sacrifice and self-discipline required to start a business’.
Past attendees gave very positive feedback, including:
- “Hearing first-hand experience from a knowledgeable consultant is extremely valuable!”
- “Very interesting and informative…”,
- “the sessions rallied my enthusiasm”
Date: 12th March 2015
Location: Lecture Theatre C on West Side, Winchester School of Art
PART 1 – Running your own business
- What, why, how and when
- Self discipline
- Types of business venture
PART 2 – Starting a business: ‘the Mechanics’
- Business vehicles
- Difference between those vehicles
- Do you need an accountant?
- Business registration.
- Partnership and shareholders agreement
- Customer contracts
- Supplier contracts
- Employment contracts
- HMRC registration
*Please note that this seminar is similar to the session we held in Highfield in November 2014.